Monday, November 19, 2012

The Book Thief

Dear Fellow Readers,

I finished reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak the other night. Oh, man. I cried my eyes out. I think my mom thought I was exaggerating the entire time I was saying that I sob while reading this book. If she thought I was kidding, she doesn't now. She came into my room, mid-awfulness, and caught me sobbing and trying to read through until the end.

To anyone who hasn't read this book yet, go buy it. Seriously, it is, besides Pride and Prejudice, my favorite book. It has amazing, relatable characters, a heart-felt story, a wonderful/disastrous setting, and an ending that leaves you mourning for at least a week. I love this book with all my heart, and as someone who does not re-read books often, it really means something when I say that I want to read this book at least once a year for the rest of my life. This book is magical and heart-breaking. It is the perfect mix of tragedy and beauty. Again, to anyone who has not read this book, go buy a copy. Now.

John Green wrote in The Fault In Our Stars, “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book". This is that book for me. This is the one book that I want all of my friends and family to read, because it will change their lives. It honestly will leave you speechless and wonder struck. This book is just that good. 

Acacia Liane

No comments:

Post a Comment